CentOs is an open source OS delivered by Worldwide community of developers. It is a completely upstream release of RHEL 7 its free to use and share.
CentOs 7 has been released on Monday , 7, July 2014 . CentOs 7.0 EL is available for download, it has many new features and bug fixes.
We will be focusing on Redhat Linux flavor as it is the most famous Linux version available. I know some of you thinking “wait you are using CentOS not Redhat” yes, let me clarify this, if you talk about the functionality there is no difference between Redhat and CentOS Linux only the difference is Redhat is charging some money for the technical support and CentOS is 100% free community based Operating System managed by its users and developers online.
In July 2014, a welcome version of CentOS 7 which tagged as 1406 (CentOS 7.0) officially released. As of end-March 2015, the second CentOS 7 release tagged as 1503 (CentOS 7.1) is available for download and CentOS 7.2 that was tagged as 1511 was released on 14 December 2015.
The latest release supersedes all previously released content for CentOS 7, therefore it is recommended for all users to upgrade their CentOS machines. This article will provide the URL to download CentOS 7 ISO images.
Read Below Major Changes in CentOs-7
As with every first major Release most of the packages have changed and have been updated to more recent versions. It would exceed the scope of this document to list them all. Most notable changes are:
- With New Kernel 3.10.0 update
- Linux Containers Support is available
- Open VMware Tools with 3D graphics drivers out of the box
- Default JDK is OpenJDK-7
- In Place Upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0 (as already mentioned)
- Ext4 and XFS LVM-snapshots
- Switch to systemd, firewalld and GRUB2
- Default file system is XFS
- iSCSI and FCoE in kernel space
- Support for PTPv2
- 40G Ethernet Cards Support
- Supports installations in UEFI Secure Boot mode on compatible hardware
Download the CentOS 7 ISO
Order Your DVDs
If you are looking to download CentOs 7 ISO image please follow the below steps :
1. Go to https://centos.org
2. Now click on ” Get CentOS Now” as shown below.
3. Click on “DVD ISO” button as shown below.
4. Finally you will see the available locations near to you for the best download speed.