In this article I will explain some basic Linux command interview questions.
Question #1: Which Linux commands you use frequently, give me top 10 which you use?
- mkdir : Creating folder, and with -p option we can create multiple folder at a time.
- ls : Listing files and directories.
- top : Monitor system activities.
- history: History of command executed by users.
- lsof : Check which process open which file and what is happening on the server.
- sh : To run shell scripts
- netstat -tcp : Complete detail about network connections.
- cd : To change directory
- vim : To edit Linux Configuration files.
- chmod : Changing files and folder permission.
Question #2: Do you know user management commands?
Question #3: Do you know syntax checking commands for following services?
Question #4 : Which command is used for password less login to remote Linux server/machine?
Question #5 : Do you know security monitoring related commands?
Question #6 Do you know what is difference between info, man, and whatis commands?
info command provide us full details about a commands.
man command provide us medium size info and.
whatis provide us one line answer.
I hope above questions will help for interview preparation. If you have any other interview questions please share with us, It will help others.