If you are interested to know about XAMPP and how to install XAMPP on Windows PC, this article will help you to install XAMPP on your Windows PC.
What is XAMPP?
XAMPP is an open source free software developed by Apache friends. XAMPP software package contains Apache distributions for Apache server, MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. And it is basically a local host or a local server. This local server works on your own desktop or laptop computer. You can just install this software on your laptop or desktop and test the clients or your website before uploading it to the remote web server or computer. This XAMPP server software gives you suitable environment for testing MYSQL, PHP, Apache and Perl projects on the local computer.
Install XAMPP on Windows PC
Follow the below steps to install XAMPP on Windows PC.
1. First of all download the XAMPP from from http://www.apachefriends.org/.
2. After download completed now click on downloaded file to execute it.
3. Once the file is executed, a setup window appears. In the setup file to select the required components needed. For eg (if you want to install WordPress on XAMPP, the required components are MySQL, Apache, PHPMyAdmin).
4. Select the folder where you your file is located. It is recommended to choose the default C drive and then click next button.
5. Click on the “Next” button to start the installation process.
6. Click on the “Finish” button to complete the installation process.
7. Now your XAMPP icon appears on start menu or desktop. By clicking on the XAMPP icon you can run the XAMPP software.
8. Select the required components once the XAMPP software opens. For WordPress to run on XAMPP the required components might me apache and MySQL. You have to click on the start button.
9. By clicking the apache or any admin button in the control panel, you can configure each module settings separately.